Post the first sentence (or three) or a random excerpt from every WIP you're currently working on. Then invite people to ask questions about your WIPs. With any luck, you'll get talking about writing, and the motivation to take that WIP one step closer to completion will appear as if by magic!
1. “Here, one of you ejaculate into this beaker.”
“What?” Rodney shouted. “That’s sexual harassment! You’re violating my civil rights-”
“I’ll do it,” Ronon said with a shrug, grabbing the glass bottle. “How much do you need?"
2. Unfortunately, it was even darker underneath his bed than it had been up top, and whatever giggling, hair-covered thing it was that had attacked him in his sleep had decided to take refuge beneath Jensen’s bed as well.
Jensen’s next shriek was even louder.
3. Sam poured the items back into the bag and tucked it into the pocket of his jacket. “Charon wasn’t the ferryman of the river Styx, Dean. That was Phlegyas.”
Dean’s mouth dropped open in disbelief as the robed figure behind him disappeared in a puff of smoke. The large pole sank beneath the blackened waters with hardly a sound, leaving them at the mercy of the molasses-slow currents.
4. “He’s the Anti-Christ, Mom. You sure you want him coming over for taffy apples?”
Sam started in surprise, Dean spitting out some of his beer at Jaye’s calm statement.
“Don’t be ridiculous, Jaye,” her mother said soothingly. “They’re not Catholic.”
5. Jensen knew Castiel was there before his friend announced his presence, able to sense the intangible displacement of air when Castiel’s form shifted the atoms of the room around him.
It was more than a little disconcerting…and kind of tickled.